The 2021 market season will begin Jan. 9 under state rules that require all retail to operate at 50 percent of maximum capacity. This rule applies both outdoors and indoors.
You’ll see a minimum of vendors indoors, arranged around the perimeter. As in 2020, we’ll have doors open to keep the air moving naturally. Indoor restrooms will remain available, and high touch points will be sanitized frequently.
Outside, we have strategically placed vendors that tend to attract longer lines of customers so there is less chance that lines will converge. We will have a handwash station for customer use, and sanitizer also will be available.
Market staff will be monitoring for social distancing and mask compliance. Please cooperate with them as well as with vendors and vendor staff, who also have a role in keeping the market safe and open. And don’t forget your fellow customers, who may ask you to adjust your position to maintain distance.
Customers can help keep the market safe and open in many other ways, including:
- Keep your shopping group small — just one or two people if at all possible. We know families may not have a parent available to care for children at home. But if it’s cabin fever that is prompting your posse, please take turns attending the market.
- Wear masks properly at all times. If you don’t, you’ll be asked to correct the issue or leave the market. Please see graphic above for details.
- Consider pre-ordering using CAFM’s Locallygrown Local Food Marketplace, which will be shared by CIWM this season. You will still need to pick up from each vendors, but you should be able to avoid lines and shop faster.
- Check web pages and social media for vendors you regularly shop. Some vendors have their own pre-order systems.
- Wash hands or use sanitizer upon entering and at additional times as suggested by public health authorities
- Consider your payment options. Bring cash; seek out vendors with touchless or low-touch debit/credit options; or buy market tokens with SNAP, debit or credit cards. CIWM again will be matching SNAP up to $10 with Double Up Food Bucks.